Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What's in Your Stocking?

 
At our house,
Santa needs a little help.
 
We have rather large Christmas stockings.
 
 
 
 
So I tuck in a few goodies too,
just to help Santa out.
 
One year, I,
not Santa,
got confused
 and had more fun stuff for one child
 than for another and
 with these big stockings, you notice.
 
So....my plastic messy bag system,
 was just not working.
 
So I made stocking bags.
 
I used this tutorial and
 just made the bags longer.
 
They are even lined.
Not sure that's really needed,
but why not?
 
 
Pretzels are for my husband,
the yellow is for my crafty blonde daughter.
 
 
Oldest daughter likes pink and ice cream.
Youngest is rockets. 
Teen boy is argyle (it's hiding).
 
 
I collect items throughout the year
and this gives a place to put them,
and know exactly what I have and
how much for each person.
 
 
If only the rest of Christmas
was this easy!
 
Happy Shopping!
  
 
   
 

15 comments:

  1. Pretty post! I love your stockings!
    Thanks for sharing!

    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good idea! Corrie! hey, where is that argyle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's there somewhere. ? It's brown with a chevron top :).

      Delete
  3. We always got an orange in the bottom of our stockings, then the other goodies piled on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. That would fill up the toe!

      Delete
  4. That's such a great idea. I always end up with more stocking stuffers than anything else because I forget what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a clever and cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Do you think coal would ruin the bags LOL???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so smart! I struggle with what to fill in stockings too - especially for my husband. This year we all desperately need new socks. I might just roll them all into little balls and stuff them in the stockings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there... I hate to highjack your stocking post... which they are gorgeous...

    but blogger will not let me open email links right now..

    I wanted to let you know you won one of the towel sets off of my blog during the last blog hop with Madame Samm.

    Please send me an email with your mailing info please. :)

    pigtalesandquilts(at)centurylink(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto what everyone says....that is a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete