Saturday, April 12, 2014

Are you ready for a Summer Picnic?

Do you have a great picnic blanket?
 
I do not.
 
We have some thick warm quilts,
Rick's mom made a loooong time ago. 
We have used and loved them to death. 
They are getting too worn to be seen in public. 
 
I am a quilter.
I should have cute outdoor blankets...Right?
 
So....I am ready for this challenge!
 
At Sew We Quilt right now,
you can sign up for the Picnic Quilt blog hop!
Get in while there's room.  Sounds fun!
 
Some of the participants are going to be using
Riley Blake's laminates on the back of their quilts. 
 
I ordered a roll of the Red White Dot
Wanted to try it out.
 
And I am impressed.
 
 
  It's different, than the laminate that came out some years ago. 
So if you tried that and didn't love it, give this a try. 
You can fold it and you can easily sew it.
 
I have some old Dick and Jane laminate from another company in my bin. 
It's stiff, creased and is heavy.   
 
 

The Riley Blake laminate drapes. 
It's got a nice light weight to it. 
 
 
It's fabric with a safe laminate applied.
  
I've been working on a couple of projects with the red dot piece
 It sews fine on my machine.
I used a larger stitch length and polyester thread.
 
The Red White Polka Dot is available in the shop!
 
So looking forward to warm weather
and getting outdoors!
 


4 comments:

  1. The laminates are really nice and will look great on the back of a picnic quilt. Can't wait to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Corrie....having you on board with your red and white dots...well you just know I will love it...I am ready...well I am not really but I will be ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post. A picnic quilt is in our future and I will be getting some of this laminate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I got that exact same polka dot laminate for my picnic quilt! :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete